A group of ten ladies who met through their breast cancer diagnosis and treatment are raising money for charities that helped support them over the past few years by starring in and producing a calendar for 2018. The calendar is being sold in aid of Helen Rollason Cancer Charity (1052861) and Breast Cancer Care (1017658). Many of the ladies met through the support group and services provided by HRCC.
The group hope to provide inspiration to others in a similar situation, as well as showing that you can still be beautiful post breast cancer treatment. All of the courageous ladies within the calendar have undergone some form of breast surgery including mastectomies.
They also want to raise awareness that breast cancer can happen to anyone and the earlier it is caught the more treatable it is, so you will see on the calendar every month a reminder to “Check your bumps for lumps”.
The brave ladies are: Simone Hawes, Nikki Smith, Vicki McGinn, Jackie Jordan, Julie Phillipson, Nadine Trye, Tina Tucker, Linda Pennington-Benton, Colette Chandler and Jan Buchanan. A big thank you to photographer Sharon Howard, the venues and people who helped make the calendar possible as well as all the advertisers.
Calendars are available to purchase by the following means (suggested donations of £5-10)
- By post – please add £1.22 to your donation to cover second class postage costs. Payments to the following bank account. Please include your name in the payment reference and message email@example.com your address for posting.
Sort code: 20-45-45
Account number: 30743348
Account Name: Breast Cancer Essex Fundraisers
- Directly through one of the ladies involved in the calendar
- Helen Rollason Cancer Support Centre at Rochelle House, Springfield
- Springfield Oncology Centre
- Helen Rollason Christmas Fair at Chelmsford City Racecourse on 25-26th November