18 February 2018 2:00 pm
At Virgin Active
The Chelmsford Lions Club are organising a swimathon event on Sunday 18th February taking place at Virgin Active in New Writtle Street, Chelmsford.
If you would like to take part and raise money for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity all you have to do is:
1. decide whether to swim as an individual or as part of a team of up to 6 people.
2. set a target number of lengths you are going to swim in no more than one hour, or the length of time you want to swim for, up to 1 hour maximum.
3. e-mail the Lions Club at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com as soon as possible to register your interest.
What happens next
1. Formal invitations to take part will be e-mailed to you, together with the booking form and a sponsorship form. There will be an entry fee of £5 for individuals or £15 for the team of up to 6 people.
2. Return you booking form, and we will confirm your booking, your swim time and any further details you need.
3. Administration on the day, including registration, lane counters, lifeguards and first aiders will be provided by Chelmsford Lions Club and Virgin Active. All you need to do is turn up and swim, it couldn’t be easier.
4. After the event, we would just like you to let us know how much sponsorship has been raised, either using the sponsorships forms, on line giving sites or a combination of both
Although this sponsored swimming event is not a competition, if you are competitive, then there is a trophy for the team or individual who swims the most lengths, together with individual medals, and we also have a special prize of a full day’s paintballing for up to 10 people for the team or individual who raise the most sponsorship.