One of the many ways that organisations in the community – major employers, educational establishments and voluntary groups – can support us is by making us your Charity of the Year.
By adopting us for a year, you are demonstrating to your local community that you support people living with cancer. It’s also a great way to bring employees, colleagues and/or friends together to have fun and raise money.
There are many ways that you can support us, including:
- organising fundraising events and activities
- making a donation of money, raffle prizes or items to be sold in our charity shops
- sponsoring our events and Moment magazine
- putting a team together to take part in a sporting challenge
- holding ‘Tea for Helen’ tea parties for customers and staff
- joining ‘You spend – they give’ and making a donation each time a customer makes an order.
Case Study – Brentwood Festival
During 2014, the Brentwood Festival made HRCC one of their two Charities of the Year. And in February 2015 Festival Director Jason Jobson visited our Springfield Support Centre, along with fellow event organiser, Laurie Edmonds, to present HRCC with a cheque for £7,500. Jason and Laurie toured the centre and met some of the patients.
If you would like to adopt us as your Charity of the Year, please contact Kate Alden for more information on 01245 380 719 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org