Are you doing more walking during lockdown to keep yourself busy and improve your fitness? Why not do it in aid of Helen Rollason Cancer Charity and support local people living with cancer!
It’s free to take part; challenge yourself to walk to some or all of our Cancer Support Centres in and around Essex; simply set your target to walk, jog or run and then get your family and friends to sponsor you as you aim to achieve your goal.
Why take part?
- Keep fit – walking can help you burn calories and maintain a healthy weight; more important now than ever.
- Walking can reduce stress, lower blood pressure and give you an energy boost.
- Stay motivated – our challenge is a great way to keep motivated to stay active, by helping you strive for a consistent daily exercise target.
- Steps for Helen is free to take part and you can complete however many steps you like per day.
- The money you raise from this challenge will help us to continue enabling quality of life while living with cancer.
Helen Rollason Cancer Charity Community Fundraiser Karen Mitchell explains; “Our Steps for Helen initiative is a fun and interactive way to get us all moving more whilst supporting those living with cancer. The challenge suits everyone from families, support bubbles, couples living together or just on your own. Of course, we encourage everyone to make sure they follow the latest coronavirus rules and regulations in your area to keep you and your community safe.
It’s completely free to sign up and at the end of your challenge you will receive an exclusive Helen Rollason Cancer Charity champion medal to say thank you! So why not sign up today and download your sponsorship form; visit our website to find out more!”
Steps for Helen is free to take part with no fundraising target, however we’d encourage every participant to aim for £100 to earn their medal. This amount would cover the cost of 6 telephone counselling sessions for those living with cancer;
“The counsellor has given me back my joy for life. She has taught me how to deal with my own concerns using methods enabling me to deal with worries and fears as they come along. I have hope again and even look to the future with plans that I had long shelved. Cancer will be here long after Covid-19. Please help to ensure the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity is also still here.”
Track your distance using your phone, smart watch or other device. You can link your Strava app to your JustGiving fundraising page to keep your friends and family up to date.
For more information click here or call our Fundraising Office on 01245 380719 – we’d love to hear from you!